Taming Anger

Anger, a tempest in my heart, 

A storm that rages, tearing me apart. 

A fire that burns, consuming all in its path, 

A force that controls, with an iron grasp.

 

It starts as a spark, a flicker of heat, 

A feeling that rises, hard to defeat. 

It grows and grows, until it can't be ignored, 

And then it explodes, like a volcano once more.

 

Anger, a force that can't be tamed, 

A beast that's unleashed, a monster unchained. 

It clouds my judgment, and warps my mind, 

It makes me lash out, and leave hurt behind.

 

But in the aftermath, when the storm has passed, 

I see the damage done, the hurt that will last. 

And then I realize, with a sense of shame, 

That my anger, in the end, was all in vain.

 

I've learned to temper, this tempest within, 

To find peace and calm, and let love begin. 

For anger may be a powerful force indeed, 

But in the end, it's love that we truly need.

Comments

Popular Posts