free my mind- tonny kitema



Just like the plain field,
How I wish my mind could be,
But I keep on wondering deep in thoughts,
Trying to find a way out,
Am a prisoner of myself

Maybe I should be free,
Like the bird on top of that tree,
But I have problems one, two, three,
The list is endless,
My mind is restless

Today I want to be free!
Not anything to bother me,
With pen and paper to write poetry,
Although can’t be on top of the tree I will sit under it quietly,
Listening to chirps of birds and free my mind silently




Comments

  1. you know what brother,
    life needs us tied,
    with knots of anticipation,
    like bird caged in the firm,
    wishing and willing,
    like a miser in the river,
    but some day so soon,
    free people we'll walk,
    Free at last

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts