MAN MUST LIVE


The day dawned yet its dusk
Spirits are down a life at risk
Stomach groans sign of trick
I lie down and listen to the clock tick
The day has lived

I smile to hide the desperation
I smile at least to get consolation
I smile as though in anticipation
I smile to cover the irritation
And again the day lives

The next morning life is still dark
The sun rises yet light doesn’t spark
Another day another problem in the pack
I stop the grumble and go to take crack
Because the day has to live

I pray and hope
But everything flope
Life’s is not a slope
Maybe I should take dope
Before the day lives

Is it the third day of the week?
I am feeling like a freak
Failures make my heart meek
I wonder if I’ll see end of week
The brew made my body weak
Did today live?

Today though, is a bright morning!
I have to stop this brooding and mourning
I swear to get up and start searching
When am still young and developing
Because, I must live.


Comments

Popular Posts