Overcoming Grief

Grief, oh grief, a weight upon my soul,

A heavy burden that I cannot control.

It grips me tight, with its icy hand,

And takes me to a place I cannot understand.

 

The pain is real, it cuts like a knife,

And takes away the sweetness of life.

I try to fight it, to push it away,

But grief has a way of making me stay.

 

It consumes my thoughts, my every breath,

And leaves me feeling lost and bereft.

The memories of what once was,

Are now replaced with an overwhelming loss.

 

Yet in the midst of this deep despair,

I find a glimmer of hope, a light so rare.

For in the darkness of grief and pain,

I find the strength to rise again.

 

I know that grief will always be,

A part of who I am, a part of me.

But with time and love, I know I'll find,

A way to heal and ease my mind.

 

Today I'll hold on tight, to what I know,

And let my grief and pain slowly go.

For in the end, it's love that remains,

A shining light that forever sustains

Comments

Popular Posts